This DVD includes:
- The BIG APPLE from Keep Punchin’ and Social Big Apple Moves
- History of the dance
- Breakdown of 31 social moves
- Breakdown of 40 steps from Keep Punchin’
The BIG APPLE became a huge craze in the late 1930’s and 1940’s. The exact origin of the dance is not clear, yet some feel that the roots of it are from “ring shouts” at religious events.
In 1937, eight couples were chosen to showcase the BIG APPLE across the country and it gained popularity. In 1939 Whitey’s Lindy Hoppers performed a BIG APPLE routine in the movie Keep Punchin’.There are many variations of the Big Apple some are routines and some are done socially. This DVD will teach you the sequence of steps done in the movie Keep Punchin’ as well as 31 socially called moves.
The BIG APPLE is a great way to get everyone up and dancing whether it’s with a routine or just calling out the steps.
Part of the 2PlySwing Jazz Routine DVD Series - Buy all 5 and save $$
Enter the code JazzDVDset at checkout for 25% off when you purchase the set of 5 Jazz Instructional DVDs
The Big Apple
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase please simply contact us and we will send you a new product that meets your needs or refund your money as soon as we receive the product back from you. We're sorry but shipping fees cannot be refunded or reimbursed if you make a return.
1-4 DVDs = $5
5+ DVDs = $10
International (anywhere outside the U.S.)
1-4 DVDs = $15
5+ DVDs = $20
* If ordering more than one DVD, you will specify the quantity when you checkout.
* If ordering 5 or more please select the BULK DVD ORDER shipping option at checkout or there may be a delay with your order and we will have to send you a Paypal request for the additional shipping charges.